Skip to Content

Samantha Power, Wikipedia

Russia announces end of hostilities in east Aleppo

Hostilities in eastern Aleppo have ceased, and the city is under the control of the Syrian government, Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, told a meeting of the UN Security Council on Tuesday.

Published: December 14, 2016, 9:06 am

    Read more

    Journalist Karam al-Masri, a resident of Aleppo, told CNN news cell phone text messages sent out by militants alerted the fighters to an evacuation agreement. He added that the deal was reached after Turkey entered negotiations for a ceasefire.

    The deal involving Turkey, a sponsor of certain militant groups, was confirmed by the Turkish Foreign Affairs ministry.

    “Representatives of Russia, Turkey and Syrian rebel groups reached an agreement on Tuesday for the rebels to leave the last few pockets of the besieged city of Aleppo that they control,” the New York Times reported.

    The evacuations are set to begin on Wednesday morning.

    UN observers claim the Aleppo battle has been a “complete meltdown of humanity”. UN spokesman Jens Laerke told reporters the United Nations has received unconfirmed reports of “people being shot in the street trying to flee, and shot in their homes”.

    The accusations against forces loyal to the Syrian regime on Monday, prompted an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.

    But in an exclusive interview with RT, president Assad said these accusations are being levelled against Syria and Russia only because the Western terrorist proxies have been driven out.

    “It’s always important in politics to read between the lines, not to be literal. It doesn’t matter what they ask. The translation of their statement is for Russia [to] “please, stop the advancement of the Syrian Army against the terrorists.” That is the meaning of their statement, forget about the rest: “You went too far in defeating the terrorists, that shouldn’t happen. You should tell the Syrians to stop this. We have to keep the terrorists and to save them,” Assad said.

    The British propaganda operation known as “Bana Alabed” has expired, blogger Moon of Alabama has pointed out. The operation’s main star was a seven year old girl in east-Aleppo who could not speak English but tweeted world politics in perfect Twitter-English even when the Internet in all Aleppo was down.

    Similarly, one of the first anti-Syrian propaganda operations, the “Gay girl in Damascus“, expired in 2011 shortly before its male US operator in Scotland was exposed. But the corporate media remains silent on these failed propaganda efforts.

    Since the start of the Syrian army offense on the Takfiri held east-Aleppo some 20 000 civilians have left towards the government held areas in the western part. Several news accounts confirm that these civilians had been held hostages by the Takfiris and had to flee under fire:

    “We were under pressure by all means, psychological and financial. The gunmen were trying to prevent us from leaving until the army came,” said 36-year-old Amina Rwein, who fled with her husband, seven daughters and three sons.

    “We came under fire from the gunmen as we were leaving and the army hit the minaret from where the sniper was shooting, and then we crossed,” she said.

    These accounts do not support the outrage by Obama’s UN officials and their media surrogates.

    Other as-yet-unconfirmed reports spoke of women and children “burned alive”, massive numbers of civilians “pulverized” by intense Russian and Syrian bombing, the “summary execution of civilians attempting to flee” the city, and the suicide of 20 women “who feared being raped by victorious troops loyal to the Assad regime”.

    “Are you truly incapable of shame? Is there nothing you will not lie about?” US ambassador to the UN Samantha Power raged at Syria, Russia, and Iran.

    Ambassador Power is no stranger to lying. Her testimony to as US committee on Ukraine is an example of her reckless attitude towards truth.

    Pro-Russian Congressman Rohrabacher asked her if she thought it might be possible that the majority of the civilian casualties killed in Ukraine were victims of the Ukrainian army.

    Here is what the US ambassador to the UN answered in July 2015:

    “I think it is highly unlikely on the basis of reports we have received from the United Nations and the OSCE.”

    But this statement is demonstrably false. Reports from the UN as well as the OSCE conclusively demonstrate the obvious: The victims in Ukraine are almost universally victims of Ukrainian army shelling.

    Power has been one of the most the aggressive defenders of war, destruction and conflict, while pretending to be a human rights activist. She boosted the cruel Ukrainian military campaigns, which have featured the most barbaric human rights violations – shelling defenseless civilians – children and elderly, with horrific, blood-curdling casualties, available in detail on Youtube.

    In Cameroon, Power’s speeding convoy ran over and killed a black child in April this year. She then paid the family in order to avoid legal proceedings.

    karin@praag.org

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Middle East

    Hero commander killed in Syria – when the war is nearly won

    For most Syrians it came as a shock: One of the most popular military commanders of the Syrian Arab Army, Issam Zahreddine, was killed on 18 October 2017.

    Infighting erupt between anti-Assad gangs in Syria

    New infighting erupted in the north-west Idleb governate and the city of Idleb in Syria between between Ahrar al-Sham and Tahrir al-Sham.

    Russians furious after US attack on Syrian forces

    TanfRussia has reacted with fury over an illegal US coalition airstrike in Syria. An air force group of the US-led counter-terrorist squad on May 18 attacked pro-government forces operating within the established de-escalation zone northwest of Tanf.

    Fake news: Syria is burning bodies to hide proof of mass killings

    WashingtonThe US State Department has alleged that 50 detainees are being hanged each day at Syria's Saydnaya military prison, about 45 minutes north of Damascus.

    Washington’s mission: Creating chaos in the Middle East

    INTERVIEWDr. Elie Hatem is a Lebanese-French lawyer, political advisor and one of the most respected experts in France regarding the Middle East. In an exclusive talk to Free West Media, Dr. Hatem explains the links between the different battle fields of the Middle East region and the suicidal politics of the European Union.

    Israeli president lashes out at Marine for denying collective French guilt

    GalileeIsraeli President Reuven Rivlin said on Holocaust Remembrance Day that the trend across Europe to minimize crimes against Jews during the holocaust was dangerous, signalling that the French bear a collective and unending responsibility that ought to continue for generations to come.

    Pentagon chief ‘no longer doubts’ Syrian chemical weapons

    Pentagon chief, general James Mattis says there is "no doubt" that Syrian government has chemical weapons.

    MIT weapons expert rubbishes White House paper on Syrian attack

    WashingtonAn American weapons expert from MIT believes the Trump administration’s reason for blaming the Assad government for the April 4 chemical attack in the Idlib province is based on lies.

    Trump warns of escalating Syrian conflict in letter to Congress

    WashingtonDonald Trump has written a letter to the US Congress justifying his attack on Syria. The letter would also appear to indicate that the American president is prepared to escalate the conflict.

    Former UK ambassador says no proof of Syrian gas attack

    The former UK ambassador to Syria, Peter Ford, believes the chemical attack in Syria was a false flag operation.

    Go to archive