Skip to Content

Vincent Nouzille

François Hollande’s ‘license to kill’

France drew up nominative lists of terrorists to be eliminated, subject to the approval of the President of the Republic.

Published: January 10, 2017, 10:08 am

    In a book entitled Erreurs Fatales [Fatal Errors], published by Fayard, an independent journalist Vincent Nouzille recounts how France drew up nominative lists of terrorists to be eliminated, subject to the approval of the President of the Republic.

    Nouzille has been exploring the gray areas of the secret services for years. In his book, he plunges the depths of the French anti-terrorist struggle and reveals how, after a long investigation, the authorities have failed to prevent serious attacks while exploring extra-judicial avenues.

    Le Monde has published excerpts, also of the extrajudicial executions ordered by the president.

    “Since his election in May 2012, Francois Hollande intended to embody a more martial policy than his predecessors, even if there was a price to pay in abandoning the strict framework of legality. Thus, it was decided to reply in a systematic way to the hostage taking and the attacks that affect the French in the world. In the case of journalists Gérard Davet and Fabrice Lhomme, he admitted to ordering this kind of revenge: “The army, the DGSE have a list of people who can be thought to have been responsible for taking hostages or acts against our interests. I was questioned. I said: “If you apprehend them, of course …” This confirms what we wrote at the beginning of 2015, namely that France draws up nominative lists of persons to be eliminated, submitted by the president.

    But in an interview on France’s Europe1 on Thursday morning, he said despite Hollande’s kill list, the different security agencies still function without mutual consultation: “There is no real coordination.”

    Nouzille told journalist Mohamed Kaci on Monday that the French secret services had already killed 40 jihadists from the kill list.

    He said some of the targets were hit by American drones after the French had communicated the names of the jihadists to the US, but could not give an exact number.

    Nouzille also revealed that France had paid ransom money to Islamist kidnappers that could have aided the jihadist effort. The French government disbursed at least 90 million euros in that way, he said.

    karin@praag.org

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Europe

    Migrants don’t want to go to Portugal

    It appears to be the true picture of Portugal that migrants do not want to go to the country as other EU members await the imminent arrival of millions of Africans.

    Van rams into holidaymakers in Barcelona, police foil second attack

    The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the Barcelona attack in which 13 people were killed and over a hundred pedestrians injured when a white van rammed into unsuspecting holidaymakers.

    OSCE Monitor on Ukraine: Deadly violence has doubled since last year

    INTERVIEWInterview with Alexander Hug, Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine.

    Cars as weapons: Could hackers be part of the growing problem?

    A car crashed through the front of a pizzeria on Monday evening in Seine-et-Marne, near Paris, killing a teenage girl. The 32-year-old male driver is believed to have "intentionally" crashed into the terrace on Rue du Commerce, Sept-Sorts in a "drugged state".

    Oligarch in trouble

    MOSCOWMoscow: Russian national oil company Rosneft joins a historical law battle against oligarch Vladimir Yevtushenkov

    MSF suspends its migrant rescue operations off Libyan coast

    RomeDoctors Without Borders (MSF) will suspend its migrant rescues in the Mediterranean, the organisation declared on Saturday after Italian government moved to halt the human trafficking from North Africa.

    Journalist who exposed German government bias in media coverage faces backlash

    German-Dutch freelance reporter Claudia Zimmermann faced innumerable hardships after exposing her employer, German public broadcaster WDR, for Soviet-style censorship of the migrant crisis. Zimmermann faced rejected contributions, calls to boycott her and even a public letter refuting her reporting which she says had been strictly factual.

    Knife crime surges in London with migrant influx

    LondonThe Weekly Standard (WS), a British daily, reported that the recent influx of African migrants, particularly from Somalia and the Congo, has caused a spike in knife crimes.

    Italian PM met Soros in secret as web of Soros-funded NGO’s is exposed

    RomeThe Italian Prime Minister met with George Soros in secret in May, just as concerned Italians were beginning to expose the spiderweb of Soros-funded NGO's operating in the country to promote immigration.

    Poland not considering deployment of US missiles, says minister

    WarsawPoland is not considering the deployment of US medium-and short-range missiles on its territory for the moment, Polish Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski told the Kommersant business daily.

    Go to archive