Teacher wishes Trump supporters died in Las Vegas shooting
An anti-Trump leftist activist with "The Resistance" said in reaction to news of a mass shooting in Las Vegas that she hoped only "white Trump supporters" died.
Published: October 2, 2017, 6:37 pm
According to The Columbia Bugle, Twitter user TheResistANNce, who goes by “Ann #TheResistance” wrote Monday: “Lots of white Trump supporters in Las Vegas at route 21 watching Jason aldean. Pray only Trumptards died! #prayforvegas.”
A gunman at a Las Vegas hotel killed at least 50 people in a huge outdoor concert arena on Sunday night, sending thousands of people fleeing. Hundreds of others were wounded, officials said, making it one of the deadliest mass shootings in United States history.
“We believe the individual killed himself,” said Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department on CNN.
Online video of the attack outside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino showed panic at the sound of automatic gunfire. The music stopped, and concertgoers fled for their lives.
It appears that she has since deleted her account. The woman is a teacher.
According to NBC News, the Las Vegas shooter has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, a local with a criminal past and known to law enforcement.
Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Paddock shot at his victims from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Casino.
Lombardo added that the shooter was no longer alive. “We are comfortable that the primary aggressor in this event has expired or passed away and is no longer a threat.”
Law enforcement sources told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton that a person of interest Marilou Danley was Paddock’s wife. The Australian reported that Danley was an Australian and possibly of Indonesian descent.
Dozens of witnesses captured video of the shooting.
Las Vegas authorities were already on high alert before the shooting attack against mostly white conservative concertgoers on Sunday night at the Route 91 Festival, after the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) released a propaganda video earlier this year showing footage of the site.
The video released in May showed footage of the Las Vegas strip from 2015, calling on its supporters to conduct attacks. The footage also included New York City and Washington, DC.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack on Sunday, but the footage prompted authorities to consider that there was a credible threat to the gambling city.
All rights reserved. You have permission to quote freely from the articles provided that the source (www.freewestmedia.com) is given. Photos may not be used without our consent.
Keep your language polite. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in, for example, Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.
If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violations of any law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.
If your comments are subject to preview by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.
We reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.
An Islamic State-linked media outlet says a Canadian man - not Russia - was behind the terror group’s highest-profile cyber attacks, including the takeover of the Twitter account of the US military’s Central Command.
Ahead of the 2018 midterm elections in the United States, the mainstream media were directing their campaign reporting against Republicans.
The number of US troops to be deployed at the Mexico border could reach 15 000, President Trump said on Wednesday afternoon.
WashingtonOn Monday, President Trump warned the illegal caravan approaching the US border from the south that the US military was waiting for them.
WashingtonJamal Khashoggi was not the first victim of the Saudi regime allegedly hunted down and murdered. And President Donald Trump and his family, including son-in-law Jared Kushner, have meanwhile been supporting Saudi Arabia’s bizarre explanation for the murder of Washington-based Saudi journalist Khashoggi.
WashingtonA US federal report has revealed glaring cyber vulnerabilities in US weapons systems. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report also found that defense officials believed the security measures were able to defeat hackers, even though outside teams were easily able to penetrate systems.
According to a law enforcement official, examiners are looking at whether the mail bombs sent to US Democrats over the last 48 hours were "hoax devices". What looked like bombs seen on television, may have been fakes.
According to reports, there is now a second migrant caravan heading for the US of around 1000 people. They crossed from Honduras into Guatemala on Sunday night. The first wave comprises between 10 000 and 14 000 migrants, and includes notorious MS-13 gang members.
US President Donald Trump told a defense round-table in Arizona that he would not allow the caravan of migrants from Honduras into the United States, because there are hardened criminals in the group.
American left-wing groups are openly discussing mass executions and planned murders of prominent conservatives, and they’re using Twitter to communicate their plans.