Skip to Content

Ahmed Alhaw; Mattias P.

Hamburg attack: Jihadist confesses to wanting to kill German Christians

At the opening of the trial of a knife-attack in Hamburg-Barmbek, the accused jihadist confessed to his crime. The deed had been religiously motivated, because he had wanted to kill as many German Christians as possible, he said.

Published: January 13, 2018, 11:04 am


    Some five months after the knife attack in a supermarket in Hamburg with one dead and six wounded, the accused Islamist confessed to the bloody deed, the Berliner Zeitung reported.

    The attorney of the rejected asylum seeker read out a confession at the opening of the trial in the Hamburg Higher Regional Court. “He emphatically pleads guilty on all charges”, he noted. “The deeds had, in his view, a religious motivation.”

    According to the Federal Attorney, the perpetrator acted within a jihadist mindset. He wanted to kill as many German citizens of Christian faith as possible. The representative of the Federal Attorney said, reading out the indictment: “He made this decision as a contribution to worldwide Jihad.”

    The attacker had stormed into an Edeka supermarket and lethally wounded one person. Upon fleeing, he wounded four more people. Matthias P., 50 years old, was shopping for groceries in the Edeka store, when Ahmad Alhaw randomly murdered him without prior warning.

    Prosecution deem him fully criminally liable and has accused Ahmad Alhaw of murder, attempted murder, and grievous battery in six cases.

    His attorney said that his client was under high pressure when he committed the deeds. Ahmad Alhaw further declared that he was not going to answer questions about the details of the deeds.

    He instead spoke about his life. He started studying dental medicine, but quitted. His mother was a teacher. He came to Germany to work and to make a living.

    “I had the impression that I wasn’t welcome”, he said, according to an interpreter who was translating from Arabic.

    He also refused to answer questions regarding the consummation of alcohol or drugs, and insisted on speaking about religion and about ISIS. He also refused to comment on his statements in his first interrogations. “In the first three days, I was wounded, and unable to concentrate.”

    The rejected asylum seeker had stabbed a 50-year-old to death and then wounded six more people. A small, self-made ISIS flag was found in his refugee accommodation. The terror militia did not claim the knife attack at the time.

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    • Mukhter Ali Said

      where he from? stop reporting fake half ass news

    • George Clark

      Why is he there? Who made him a refugee? These people have their own countries and cultures, they belong with their own.


    Islamo-leftists march in London

    LondonThousands of demonstrators gathered in London to protest against the "evil of racism" and "Islamophobia" in a strong show of Islamo-leftism.

    Porton Down not able to identify chemical used on Russian ex-spy

    Well-placed sources inside the British Foreign Office have confirmed that Porton Down scientists were not able to identify the nerve agent as being of Russian manufacture, and are angry about the political pressure from inside the government to lie about the poison being Russian.

    Joint allied statement against Russia after UK ignores OCPW convention

    LondonOn 15 March, the United Kingdom, together with allies Germany, France and the United States, issued a collective statement alleging that ex-spy Sergey Skripal and his daughter Yulia were poisoned by agents of the Russian Federation.

    Britain’s spy hysteria is damaging its credibility and standing

    LondonThe actions of the British government in response to the alleged poisoning of a British double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter is damaging Britain's credibility and international standing.

    Cost of EU Parliament steeply rising

    The costs of the European parliament have been steeply increasing since 2011. It won’t take long before it hits 2 billion euros a year, a Dutch newspaper reported.

    Telford: largest child sex abuse scandal in history ignored by the BBC

    The Sunday Mirror reported this weekend that a young English girl could be one of up to 1000 victims of grooming or child sexual abuse in the Shropshire town over the last four decades, thought to be one of the worst of its kind in modern Britain.

    UK Foreign Office issued letter in pidgin English to banned speakers

    LondonConservative vlogger Brittany Pettibone was given a letter written in pidgin English denying her leave to enter the UK. Pettibone, an American citizen and her partner the Austrian Identitarian activist Martin Sellner were both held in detention in the UK and denied entry into the country.

    Mainstream Polish author barred from UK visit

    LondonWhile the UK ban on two visiting conservatives from Austria and the US, Martin Sellner and Brittany Pettibone made headlines, the UK ban on award-winning Polish journalist received little attention.

    Dutch politicians call for end to EU’s ‘fact checking’

    The HagueDutch home affairs minister Kasja Ollongren is facing pressure from a majority of Dutch MPs who want on Brussels to disband its "fact checking" unit known as EU vs Disinfo.

    Facebook censors Flemish nationalists protecting historic castle

    A Flemish patriotic youth group launched a video on Facebook in which they pledge to defend their Flemish heritage and their future, but it was taken down quickly.

    Go to archive