The party, Allianz Deutscher Demokraten (ADD) has decided to act. “We hesitated, but the lack of civil courage from Essen citizens has disappointed us,” said the Vice Chairman, Recep Dadas. The ADD is aimed primarily at Turkish and Muslim voters.
According to Dadas, the ADD wants to expose the Essen board for “tax evasion”. The reason for this was that the association of the food bank “no longer serves the general public by excluding foreigners”. Thus, the public interest motive no longer applies, they maintain. As a result, the charity’s operation has become a tax evasion scam due to the lack of registration of trade and the evasion of social security contributions.
The chairman of the Essen board, Jörg Sartor, is also singled out by the Turkish party. “Whoever makes a racist decision must also be content to be called a racist afterwards,” says the chairman of Essen’s local branch of the ADD, Mehmet Tunas. He refered to a statement by Sartor in the weekly newspaper Die Zeit, in which Sartor asks rhetorically: “If your mother gets out of the tram here, Wednesdays, and there are fifty Arabs standing there, would she stand in the queue?”
The ADD was created about two years ago in response to the Armenian genocide resolution of the Bundestag. According to their own information, it has about 1 500 members. In the federal election they had campaigned with the help of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
At that time, the ADD put up election posters in Germany with the portrait of the Turkish President and the caption: “Friends of Turkey, give him your voice, let’s make it big!”
The announcement by the ADD to bring criminal charges against the food charity has meanwhile drawn a flood of negative comments. The party has been insulted and abused, even on its own Facebook page.
“How rude it is to collectively deny people the right to legal action,” says Federal Secretary Halil Ertem in a post on Facebook in reaction to the many negative comments.
The ADD added: “The Essen Tafel is not a private, but an urban enterprise. Without funds from the Sparkasse, the Allbau and the Essener Entsorgungsbetrieben the association could close.”
Last week on Thursday, the head of the charity, Jochen Bruehl, rejected the criticism of Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) against the decision to allow only Germans. “We will not be reprimanded by the Chancellor, because the current development is a consequence of her policies,” he told the Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung.
Politicians should ask themselves what part they played in the growing problems, said Brühl and criticized the “incomprehensibly low-wage sector”, insufficient basic security and an immature immigration policy.
He also complained that critics had not acknowledged the work and the circumstances on the ground after the Essen board announcement.
A video of an asylum seeker, angry about his situation in Germany, has meanwhile surfaced. The video has been banned by German authorities.
Umba Kalumba erklärt auf seine Art das er unzufrieden mit der Asylunterkunft ist.Das kommt auf unseren Frauen zu.Bitte Teilen,das Video wurde vom Staat gesperrt.Danke an die Person die es freigeschaltet hat. pic.twitter.com/94EQOUnfAJ
— Norbert (@Rheinfront) March 6, 2018