Skip to Content

George Soros, Wikipedia

George Soros wastes millions by backing losers in California

Candidates running for district attorney in Sacramento, San Diego and Alameda counties in California with backing from George Soros, lost to their conservative opponents in midterm elections last week.

Published: June 10, 2018, 7:44 am

    Read more

    The Open Society billionaire had to face a series of embarrassing defeats in the most “progressive” state in the United States. The losses in California may signal the end of his success. Michael Smolens, a columnist with the San Diego Tribune noted that the political pendulum may be “swinging against Soros and his progressive coalition”.

    Together with the American Civil Liberties Union, Soros poured millions of dollars into four DA races in the state to get “progressives” elected, but judges running against Soros’s candidates beat their opponents by wide margins.

    Conservative Sacramento incumbent Anne Marie Schubert won with 64 percent of the vote, incumbent Republican Summer Stephan also with 64 percent in San Diego and Alameda County incumbent District Attorney Nancy O’Malley received 60 percent of the vote.

    Soros had been betting on the supposed anti-Republican backlash caused by President Donald Trump. But according to the Daily Caller even Soros-backed candidate, Contra Costa County District Attorney Diana Becton, may face a runoff in the November general election if she fails to win more than 50 percent in a recount.

    Since 2014, Soros has spent more than $2.7 million in DA races in California alone, boosting “progressive” candidates. Altogether, he has spent some $16 million in 17 races in other states, in which his candidates won 13.

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Americas

    Columbia student defends his remarks about ‘white achievements’

    New YorkColumbia University student Julian von Abele, whose comments on Twitter about white people went viral earlier this week, released a statement on Tuesday defending himself.

    Chile pulls out of Marrakesch

    SantiagoChile has joined the growing exodus from the United Nations Migration Compact. It has become the latest country to withdraw, President's Sebastian Pinera's administration announced.

    US Government loses landmark court case on vaccine safety

    WashingtonThe US federal government has been neglecting vaccine safety obligations for decades. Anti-vaccine activists have now won an important lawsuit against the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).

    ISIS cyber attacks were falsely blamed on Russia

    An Islamic State-linked media outlet says a Canadian man - not Russia - was behind the terror group’s highest-profile cyber attacks, including the takeover of the Twitter account of the US military’s Central Command.

    Media reporting rigged against Republicans, Trump

    Ahead of the 2018 midterm elections in the United States, the mainstream media were directing their campaign reporting against Republicans.

    Trump is serious about troop deployment on US-Mexican border

    The number of US troops to be deployed at the Mexico border could reach 15 000, President Trump said on Wednesday afternoon.

    Trump tells migrant caravan to turn back, US military is being deployed

    WashingtonOn Monday, President Trump warned the illegal caravan approaching the US border from the south that the US military was waiting for them.

    Khashoggi was not the first casualty of Saudi regime

    WashingtonJamal Khashoggi was not the first victim of the Saudi regime allegedly hunted down and murdered. And President Donald Trump and his family, including son-in-law Jared Kushner, have meanwhile been supporting Saudi Arabia’s bizarre explanation for the murder of Washington-based Saudi journalist Khashoggi.

    New report highlights Pentagon’s cyber flaws

    WashingtonA US federal report has revealed glaring cyber vulnerabilities in US weapons systems. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) report also found that defense officials believed the security measures were able to defeat hackers, even though outside teams were easily able to penetrate systems.

    US Democrats likely received fake bombs

    According to a law enforcement official, examiners are looking at whether the mail bombs sent to US Democrats over the last 48 hours were "hoax devices". What looked like bombs seen on television, may have been fakes.

    Go to archive