Parents at UK school outraged at 30-year-old ‘minor’ attending
Parents at an British school are furious because a "30-year-old" asylum seeker pretending to be a minor, has been attending classes with their offspring.
Published: November 6, 2018, 6:44 am
The curious case is being investigated by the Home Office after an uproar at Stoke High School in Ipswich.
The migrant pretending to be a child, is believed to be an Iranian. Breitbart reported that he told his Year 11 classmates as well as immigration officials that he was 15 years old.
Because his qualifications are not recognised in Britain, he faked his age in order to get pass a GCSE entrance exam. MailOnline reported that the migrant had entered into Britain illegally after travelling from Germany. He was then sent to Stoke High School after telling Home Office officials he was a minor.
A report last year by the Council of Europe demanded that EU countries stop testing third world migrants to establish their age.
The Council said in its report that, in the absence of firm evidence that the person is an adult, asylum seekers claiming to be aged under 18 should “be given the benefit of the doubt and presumed to be a child”. The report complained that such assessments “may be frightening and unsettling for children” even though many were not children.
Many migrants claim to be unaccompanied minors in order to take advantage of protection laws aimed at real children.
But Victoria Newby, who has a child at the school, told the BBC: “My girls will not be attending until I know for sure he’s been removed.” Her husband Desmond says “all the kids realise that he is actually a man – so why did the school allow him to become a student?
“If I went to the school wearing a school uniform and demanding an education, I would be turned away straight away – yet he was allowed to stay,” Newby told the MailOnline.
Lewis Forte, also a parent at Stoke High School, said he was unhappy with the school’s response. “I went to the school to raise concerns about it and the teacher tried to shut me down by saying all his documents were present and correct,” he explained.
“If he is a child then I am very sorry but I had a few children in my class who looked old for their age but this is something else.”
The mother of a boy in the same year, said: “Parents at the school have been pulling their children out of school left right and centre.
“Looking at photos of this man, he is clearly older than 30. How can someone like this be eating with children, changing with children, and learning with our children while pretending to be a teenager?
“My son has always said that he looks older and he says the man does not even speak English,” she said.
The school has failed to address the concerns raised by the parents, she says. Now parents who are “up in arms and worried about our children’s health and safety” have turned to social media to express their displeasure at the adult migrant’s continued presence in their children’s classes.
On Facebook many blamed the government’s policies for bringing an adult migrant to school.
On Tuesday the school announced that “the student is not attending the school at this time”. A spokesman said: “This is a matter for the Home Office. They are looking into this after we contacted them.”
All rights reserved. You have permission to quote freely from the articles provided that the source (www.freewestmedia.com) is given. Photos may not be used without our consent.
Keep your language polite. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in, for example, Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.
If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violations of any law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.
If your comments are subject to preview by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.
We reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.
BudapestAn ISIS terror suspect who has carried out multiple executions in his homeland in 2016, has been taken into custody, according to the Budapest public prosecutor.
Between unity and disunity, independence and foreign interference: Nordic countries have to either choose between creating an independent neutral block in the North, or seeing the region being divided between the great powers.
BerlinUnknown perpetrators have set fire to the car of an AFD member in Berlin. The police confirmed that the vehicle belonging to a party member in the district of Köpenick went up in flames shortly after 2 o'clock in the night of Friday.
MilanThe African from Senegal who hijacked a schoolbus in Italy, terrorizing 51 small children on board, is not going to apologize for what he did.
KievA chilling tale of how Petro Poroshenko's proxies fattened already exorbitantly priced low-quality smuggled spares.
The Finish journalist Janus Putkonen has started an international petition to stop the Ukrainian elections. Although he is unlikely to succeed, Putkonen has nevertheless gained many supporters. In fact, they are so numerous that the platform Chance.org "purged" some 3 000 signatures over night.
Finnish journalist Janus Putkonen. Photo: SuppliedThe Finnish journalist Janus Putkonen started an international petition to stop the Ukrainian elections. It is unlikely to succeed, but Putkonen is gathering many supporters. So many, that the platform Chance.org “purged” over night 3,000 signatures.
MoscowTwo Russian pranksters have exposed the greed driving the regime change project against Venezuela by the US State Department in daring phone conversations.
CremonaA 47-year-old African bus driver was held by Carabinieri police on Wednesday after he hijacked a bus with Italian schoolchildren and set the bus on fire. The Senegalese migrant tied the hands of the children with plastic electrical ties in an attempt to kill them, sources said.
LondonBritish police are currently dedicated to fighting "microaggressions" such as "misgendering" people on social media. Meanwhile, out of the 44 police forces, 42 have recorded a rise in knife crime since 2011.