Skip to Content

Matteo Salvini. Photo supplied

Two Moroccans arrested for League office bombing

Two Moroccan migrants in Italy have been arrested in connection with the office bombing of Interior Minister Matteo Salvini’s League party.

Published: April 11, 2019, 10:05 am

    The attack occurred in January this year, targetting a League office in San Valentino Torio. The building was damaged following an explosive blast but the attack was downplayed by left-wing politicians as “Christmas fireworks,” according to Il Giornale.

    The main suspects of the bombing are 41-year-old Abderrahim S and 37-year-old Moktar J say prosecutors. They are being investigated under suspicion of detonating explosives after being identified on CCTV footage capturing the scene.

    Mariano Falcone, regional deputy coordinator for the League in Salerno, said that even though the damage to the building was not that extensive, “[i]t is an attack against Matteo Salvini and against the League”. He described the bombing attack as “disturbing”.

    The bombing attack followed after a call by the far-left Autonomous University Collective to assassinate Matteo Salvini. Throughout the country, the flames of hatred for the leader of the Northern League is being fanned by the media.

    At the University of Bologna, political science students learn that Salvini’s elected party belongs to the “politically violent extreme right”.

    “We must not let our guard down,” Falcone warned, adding that new groups have joined the ranks of far-left terrorists who committed acts of violence in Italy in the 1970s. After his deportation from Brazil, Cesare Battisti, one such far-left terrorist, recently admitted to murdering several people during that era.

    It is not the first time Salvini’s party offices have been attacked with explosives. In August last year, an office in Treviso was targetted by Antifa members. They had fixed two separate explosive devices onto the building, one meant to lure police officers to the site, while a second one, filled with nails and metal fragments, would then go off.

    Police were able to disarm the second device before it exploded.

    Usually it is the anarchists and the non-globalists who strike, but the prosecutor in Nocera Inferiore has set his sights for the first time on two immigrants living in Striano (Naples) and Sarno (Salerno).

    Spokesperson Simone Di Meo explained to the Italian daily that there apartments were searched after the images of the municipal video surveillance circuit nailed them.

    Immediately after the arrest of the migrants, leftists tried to diminish the scope of the event. The mayor of San Valentino Torio, as well as president of the Province of Salerno, Michele Strianese who, after viewing the images of the video surveillance, said the “two young men who, after leaving a Christmas cracker on the ground, walk around peacefully on a Sunday afternoon”.

    The investigation by the prosecutor’s office of Nocera Inferiore showed the exact opposite however, revealing the emergence of violent protests against the League.

    [mashshare]

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Europe

    Macron loudly booed at Bastille Day parade

    ParisDuring the the Bastille Day military parade in France, President Emmanuel Macron was loudly booed as he was coming down the Champs-Élysées aboard a military command car.

    Génération Identitaire members risk imprisonment

    GapThree members of the movement were summoned by the French criminal court of Gap, Thursday, July 11, after an anti-immigrantion action organised in the spring of 2018, on the Franco-Italian border.

    German intel classify Identitarians as ‘right-wing extremist’

    The German domestic intelligence service, known as the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, has classified the Identitarian Movement (IB) as "right-wing extremist".

    Number of British Christians at a record low

    LondonA survey to gauge British Social Attitudes (BSA) has revealed that the number of Christian believers in the country are at a record low.

    Hungary highlights weight of Visegrad and Baltic voters against immigration

    BudapestHungarian cabinet chief Antal Rogan told public radio on Sunday that the European Commission needs a leader who respected countries in Central Europe. Rogan was interviewed on Kossuth Radio.

    French police station attacked by youths shouting ‘Allah Akbar’

    A police station in the Eure was attacked by youths shouting "Allah Akbar".

    French aid workers refuse to hand over list of people in emergency accommodation

    Forty French aid associations called on the government to "give up" the measure requiring homeless shelters to send lists of refugees and asylum seekers to the authorities.

    Trouble in Tbilisi

    TsibilisiSince June 20, protests have swept Georgia. The unannounced start of the protests was done as a provocation. The consequences however, are utterly painful, especially for the average citizen of Georgia.

    Dutch parliament adopts motion against ‘racially-based land expropriation in South Africa’

    The Dutch parliament or Tweede Kamer at The Hague, has become the first elected body in Europe to express its opposition to the policy of "expropriation without compensation" adopted by South Africa's ANC regime against white Afrikaner farmers.

    Salvini furious at release of law-breaking Sea Watch 3 captain

    RomeItalian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini on Wednesday expressed great anger after Sea-Watch 3 skipper Carola Rackete was released from house arrest late on Tuesday.

    Go to archive