Russia announces end of hostilities in east Aleppo
Hostilities in eastern Aleppo have ceased, and the city is under the control of the Syrian government, Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, told a meeting of the UN Security Council on Tuesday.
Published: December 14, 2016, 9:06 am
Journalist Karam al-Masri, a resident of Aleppo, told CNN news cell phone text messages sent out by militants alerted the fighters to an evacuation agreement. He added that the deal was reached after Turkey entered negotiations for a ceasefire.
The deal involving Turkey, a sponsor of certain militant groups, was confirmed by the Turkish Foreign Affairs ministry.
“Representatives of Russia, Turkey and Syrian rebel groups reached an agreement on Tuesday for the rebels to leave the last few pockets of the besieged city of Aleppo that they control,” the New York Times reported.
The evacuations are set to begin on Wednesday morning.
UN observers claim the Aleppo battle has been a “complete meltdown of humanity”. UN spokesman Jens Laerke told reporters the United Nations has received unconfirmed reports of “people being shot in the street trying to flee, and shot in their homes”.
The accusations against forces loyal to the Syrian regime on Monday, prompted an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.
But in an exclusive interview with RT, president Assad said these accusations are being levelled against Syria and Russia only because the Western terrorist proxies have been driven out.
“It’s always important in politics to read between the lines, not to be literal. It doesn’t matter what they ask. The translation of their statement is for Russia [to] “please, stop the advancement of the Syrian Army against the terrorists.” That is the meaning of their statement, forget about the rest: “You went too far in defeating the terrorists, that shouldn’t happen. You should tell the Syrians to stop this. We have to keep the terrorists and to save them,” Assad said.
— RT (@RT_com) December 14, 2016
The British propaganda operation known as “Bana Alabed” has expired, blogger Moon of Alabama has pointed out. The operation’s main star was a seven year old girl in east-Aleppo who could not speak English but tweeted world politics in perfect Twitter-English even when the Internet in all Aleppo was down.
Similarly, one of the first anti-Syrian propaganda operations, the “Gay girl in Damascus“, expired in 2011 shortly before its male US operator in Scotland was exposed. But the corporate media remains silent on these failed propaganda efforts.
Since the start of the Syrian army offense on the Takfiri held east-Aleppo some 20 000 civilians have left towards the government held areas in the western part. Several news accounts confirm that these civilians had been held hostages by the Takfiris and had to flee under fire:
“We were under pressure by all means, psychological and financial. The gunmen were trying to prevent us from leaving until the army came,” said 36-year-old Amina Rwein, who fled with her husband, seven daughters and three sons.
“We came under fire from the gunmen as we were leaving and the army hit the minaret from where the sniper was shooting, and then we crossed,” she said.
These accounts do not support the outrage by Obama’s UN officials and their media surrogates.
Other as-yet-unconfirmed reports spoke of women and children “burned alive”, massive numbers of civilians “pulverized” by intense Russian and Syrian bombing, the “summary execution of civilians attempting to flee” the city, and the suicide of 20 women “who feared being raped by victorious troops loyal to the Assad regime”.
“Are you truly incapable of shame? Is there nothing you will not lie about?” US ambassador to the UN Samantha Power raged at Syria, Russia, and Iran.
Ambassador Power is no stranger to lying. Her testimony to as US committee on Ukraine is an example of her reckless attitude towards truth.
Pro-Russian Congressman Rohrabacher asked her if she thought it might be possible that the majority of the civilian casualties killed in Ukraine were victims of the Ukrainian army.
Here is what the US ambassador to the UN answered in July 2015:
“I think it is highly unlikely on the basis of reports we have received from the United Nations and the OSCE.”
But this statement is demonstrably false. Reports from the UN as well as the OSCE conclusively demonstrate the obvious: The victims in Ukraine are almost universally victims of Ukrainian army shelling.
Power has been one of the most the aggressive defenders of war, destruction and conflict, while pretending to be a human rights activist. She boosted the cruel Ukrainian military campaigns, which have featured the most barbaric human rights violations – shelling defenseless civilians – children and elderly, with horrific, blood-curdling casualties, available in detail on Youtube.
In Cameroon, Power’s speeding convoy ran over and killed a black child in April this year. She then paid the family in order to avoid legal proceedings.
All rights reserved. You have permission to quote freely from the articles provided that the source (www.freewestmedia.com) is given. Photos may not be used without our consent.
Consider donating to support our work
Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.
Keep your language polite. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in, for example, Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.
If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violations of any law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.
If your comments are subject to preview by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.
We reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.
The Syrian first lady has been accused by a London based law firm of terrorism and war crimes, which stem from her support of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), through her speeches, meeting with and comforting the mothers of slain soldiers, and meeting with the women’s branch of the SAR.
TripoliAccording to President of the Russian Foundation for Protecting National Values Alexander Malkevich, Russian sociologists Maxim Shugaley and Samer Sueifan have finally been released after a long captivity in Libya. This information is confirmed by Mikhail Bogdanov, the Russian president's special representative for the Middle East and Africa and deputy foreign minister.
BeirutAfter the disaster that struck the Lebanese capital, Emmanuel Macron asked during his trip on Thursday for a “profound change” on the part of the leaders of Lebanon. He also met with a Hezbollah representative.
TripoliGeneral Khalifa Haftar's Libyan National Army (LNA) has finally eliminated Libya's Ansar al-Sharia terrorists affiliated with Al-Qaida.
On March 9, the spokesperson for the Libyan National Army (LNA) Command, General Ahmad Mismari, said that the Government of National Accord (GNA) forces had launched a large-scale offensive against LNA positions. Arab media have also confirmed this information.
BenghaziLibyan people are protesting against the neo-Ottoman ambitions of Turkish president Erdogan.
KhartoumA Free West Media exclusive: How Sudan and Turkey transferred terrorists to Libya.
BaghdadThe Iraqi capital city of Baghdad was rocked by mass protests on Friday, as hundreds of thousands of demonstrators marched against the presence of American troops in the country.
New YorkOn November 23, WikiLeaks published information from an OPCW employee, a member of its fact finding mission to Douma, Syria, expressing “his gravest concern over intentional bias introduced to a redacted version of the report he co-authored”.
Iran has indicated that it will pursue war-crimes charges against President Donald Trump at the International Criminal Court in the Hague over this month's assassination of General Qassem Soleimani.