Skip to Content

Saudi prince Mohammad bin Salman with James Mattis. Wikipedia
Washington

Taking money from murderers

Saudi Arabia employs - through consultants - a host of retired American generals, diplomats, intelligence experts that get paid exorbitant amounts of money.

Published: October 14, 2018, 10:31 am

    Read more

    The Washington Post reported that such lucrative contracts have been viewed without any scruples.

    But evidence is mounting that Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, is implicated in the reported murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi on Saudi diplomatic property in Istanbul.

    Popular blogger Pat Lang says he has “never worked in retirement for any company that did contract work for Saudi Arabia,” adding that it was a deliberate choice for him. Lang is a Washington insider.

    “When I arrived in Saudi Arabia many years ago to be the military attaché in the US Embassy, I discovered that my five immediate predecessors were all retired from the US Army and working in Saudi Arabia for ‘big bucks’.

    “How could it be I thought that the chief US military intelligence officers in the embassy who had been Counselors of Embassy could be doing that? Simple, they had all been bought and paid for,” says Lang.

    “I did not follow that path. Throughout my tour of duty there I relentlessly told the story in my office’s reporting of the military ineptitude of the Saudis and the corrupt practices common in the awarding of all foreign military sales contracts to The Kingdom.

    “The goal of these hard money purchases from the US, the British, the French, etc. was always the same. It was the enrichment through ‘commissions’ of all Saudi and foreign agents in the transactions.”

    Lang says in the case of the foreigners the “pay off” was often made after retirement from government service.

    “I made this clear in my office’s reporting, and the DIA of that time stood bravely behind me even as they were threatened by the ‘friends’ of Saudi Arabia in the Office of the Secretary of Defense.

    Lang says he was personally threatened with career destruction by the USAF major general who headed the US Military Training Mission (USMTM) if he did not desist from exposing the situation.

    “It is nevertheless true that many, many retired senior military officers and diplomats have sold themselves either directly to Saudi enterprises in that country or to foreign companies which represent the House of Saud. Their contribution to the enabling of the spread of Wahhabi fanaticism throughout the world is immeasurable,” Lang added.

    “It should be noted that this enabling persisted under both Democratic and Republican Administrations,” he said.

    Meanwhile, 22 Senators signed a request to US President Trump to investigate the Khashoggi case under the Global Magnitsky Act.

    The Trump administration has 120 days to finish the investigation and to report back to the Senate. Any person or organisation found to be involved in the kidnapping and possible murder of Khashoggi could then face US sanctions.

    According to rumours, the Saudi prince Mohammad bin Salman is offering billions to purchase the video of the Khashoggi killing the Turkish government claims to have before the 120 days are counted.

    The war on Yemen, the Qatar blockade, sponsoring terror and now the Khashoggi assassination – may be becoming too costly for the Saudis and their paid consultants.

    Consider donating to support our work

    Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Middle East

    French president meets Hezbollah, pleads for ‘new political order’ in Beirut

    BeirutAfter the disaster that struck the Lebanese capital, Emmanuel Macron asked during his trip on Thursday for a “profound change” on the part of the leaders of Lebanon. He also met with a Hezbollah representative.

    The death blow against terrorism in Libya

    TripoliGeneral Khalifa Haftar's Libyan National Army (LNA) has finally eliminated Libya's Ansar al-Sharia terrorists affiliated with Al-Qaida.

    Terrorist-supported GNA breaks ceasefire in Libya

    On March 9, the spokesperson for the Libyan National Army (LNA) Command, General Ahmad Mismari, said that the Government of National Accord (GNA) forces had launched a large-scale offensive against LNA positions. Arab media have also confirmed this information.

    Anti-Turkish ‘Stop Terror’ rally held in Benghazi

    BenghaziLibyan people are protesting against the neo-Ottoman ambitions of Turkish president Erdogan.

    Al-Qaeda on the threshold of Europe

    KhartoumA Free West Media exclusive: How Sudan and Turkey transferred terrorists to Libya.

    Mass protest against US presence rocks Baghdad

    BaghdadThe Iraqi capital city of Baghdad was rocked by mass protests on Friday, as hundreds of thousands of demonstrators marched against the presence of American troops in the country.

    Manipulated OPCW report on Douma exposed in UNSC testimony

    New YorkOn November 23, WikiLeaks published information from an OPCW employee, a member of its fact finding mission to Douma, Syria, expressing “his gravest concern over intentional bias introduced to a redacted version of the report he co-authored”.

    Trump could face ‘strong’ war-crimes case over Soleimani’s murder

    Iran has indicated that it will pursue war-crimes charges against President Donald Trump at the International Criminal Court in the Hague over this month's assassination of General Qassem Soleimani.

    US lured Soleimani into Irak ‘to discuss peace’ — regional media

    On January 3, the United States killed Iran's most important commander, Qassem Soleimani. According to Kuwaiti media, which cite Iraq's prime minister as a source, Soleimani was invited by the prime minister at the request of the United States to mediate with Iran. When Soleimani left Baghdad's airport, he was bombed by a US drone along with the entire receiving Iraqi delegation. The United States then announced that it would stop fighting the Islamic State and focus instead on the forces with which it had been allied in the fight against IS. Iraq's parliament has voted to expel the US from Iraq, something the US refuses to obey.

    Christians in Syria mourn the death of Iranian general

    AleppoThe US "maximum pressure" campaign against Iran has surprised at least one blogger, an American analyst who is knowledgeable about the Middle East and speaks Arabic fluently.

    Go to archive