Skip to Content

Soldiers of Odin. Wikipedia

Finnish patriots target foreign ‘sex tourists’

A group in Finland is allegedly creating fake social media accounts to lure pedophiles and rapists.

Published: March 6, 2019, 11:37 am

    Read more

    The group’s recent video, in which they claimed Finland to be overrun by “sex tourists” has arrived amidst a grooming gang scandal which has implicated immigrants and asylum-seekers from the Middle East.

    The Finnish police and the National Prosecutor General’s Office are investigating whether the new Soldiers of Odin video, in which they declare a hunt for rapists and pedophiles, constitutes hate speech and instigation to violence, the Finnish daily newspaper Hufvudstadsbladet reported.

    In the video, which has both English and Arabic subtitles, the group claims that it has created false profiles on social media, posing as young girls. With the help of the profiles, the group seeks to reveal men in search of sexual contact with young girls on the web.

    The video, which has since been deleted from both Facebook and Vimeo, shows a group of masked men armed with bats and chains marching towards the camera amid winter darkness, accompanied by heavy metal music.

    The speaker of the group says Finland has been invaded by “sex tourists” and the authorities “do nothing”. He says the people themselves should protect their children. The Soldiers of Odin also stated that half of all sexual propositions to underage girls came from Arabs. However, the group stressed that the hunt was open to ensnare “domestic pedophiles and rapists of all colors” without racial distinction.

    “We guarantee you that a date with us will be memorable. And hey, don’t worry, we won’t call the police”, the masked man says in the video, available on Soldiers of Odin founder Mika Ranta’s page on the Russian social network Vkontakte.

    According to criminal commissioner Pekka Hätönen, the new video by the Soldiers of Odin can be classified as an instigation to hatred toward ethnic groups.

    Consider donating to support our work

    Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Europe

    Salvini condemns Italian PM’s slow response to Coronavirus crisis

    RomeThe leader of the League held a press conference to take stock of the Coronavirus crisis: "The problem is not with the red zones but with the whole territory." Italy now has three times the number of infected cases compared to Hong Kong.

    What is known about the Italian Coronavirus deaths so far

    The focal point on which Italian citizens should focus does not concern so much the danger of the Coronavirus which, as ascertained, causes death only in rare cases, but its management. The special measures taken in Lombardy were adopted not so much because Covid-19 represents the plague of the 21st century, but rather to limit its spread.

    Coronavirus: Italian train blocked at Austria’s Brenner Pass

    Austria has stopped a Venice-Monaco Eurocity train with 300 passengers on board, after the explosion of the number of Coronavirus infections in Italy.

    Economic fall-out from Coronavirus may be huge

    SeoulThe economic damage that the Coronavirus epidemic could wreak globally, was confirmed when the United States raised its travel advisory for industrial giant South Korea.

    Le Pen calls on Macron to denounce Soros’ ‘undemocratic manipulations’

    ParisThe president of the National Rally, Marine Le Pen, responded after the shocking revelations by a French weekly magazine on how the European Court of Human Rights has been infiltrated by organisations answering to the American "philanthropist" George Soros.

    Judiciary in a hurry to move against Salvini

    It appears that the Italian judiciary is in a hurry to move against former Interior Minister Matteo Salvini. The offices of the investigating magistrate of Catania have already received the official request of the prosecutor to set a preliminary hearing in the context of the proceeding against the Salvini "kidnapping" case.

    The grip of Soros on the ECHR revealed by French weekly

    ParisIn its latest issue, a French weekly revealed the extent of the influence of Georges Soros, the Hungarian billionaire at the head of the NGO network Open Society Foundations, on the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).

    European Commissioner of the Interior defends asylum after ECHR ruling

    BrusselsThe European Commissioner of the Interior defended the right of migrants to ask for asylum, and even though this right “cannot be offered at each meter of the border” it should be, she argued.

    Orban: ‘It’s forbidden to say so in Europe, but migration is an organised invasion’

    Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban on Thursday warned of a rise in the number of organised groups of migrants attempting to enter the country as summer approaches as migration pressure increases on the country's southern border.

    More than 120 daily stabbing attacks in France

    ParisIn total, between 2015 and 2017, some 44 000 people were victims of a stabbing attack in France.

    Go to archive