Skip to Content

Le Terminus, Marseille. Photo: Google

Marseille: Six wounded in bar shooting including one seriously

On Thursday evening a man randomly opened fire on customers in an establishment of the 15th arrondissement of the city.

Published: November 5, 2019, 10:12 am

    Read more

    Marseille

    The judicial police have been tasked with the investigation which, according to statements, looks like a settlement of accounts.

    A man armed with a shotgun burst in a bar in Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhone) on Thursday night and opened fire on customers before fleeing. Seven 12-gauge cases were found on the scene, testifying to the violence of the shooting.

    Arriving on a motorcycle around 8.45 pm in front of the establishment of the 15th arrondissement, the man injured at least six people, according to regional daily La Provence. One of the wounded was hospitalized in serious condition.

    For the moment, it is impossible to say if the seriously wounded individual had specifically been targeted by the shooter. The method of this attack appears more like a settlement of an account than an attack, said public prosecutor Xavier Tarabeux.

    On Christmas Eve 2017, a 26-year-old man lost his life in the same bar in the Calade district, Le Terminus. He had been shot dead as part of a settlement of accounts in an ongoing drug gang warfare.

    Since the beginning of the year, ten people have been killed in settling scores in the Bouches-du-Rhone, including seven in Marseille. The latest incident was on Sunday evening, in the 13th arrondissement in which a man was killed.

    Also on Wednesday night, a 17-year-old boy lost his life near St Charles train station, after a fatal small caliber pistol shot in the chest. The victim was known for violent robbery and drug trafficking. It is thought to have been a drug “deal” that went wrong.

    In a statement, Socialist Senator Bouches-du-Rhone Samia Ghali, former mayor of the 15th and 16th arrondissements, regretted that “Marseille is becoming used to hearing hissing bullets” and that society has become “anesthetized”.

    France has “lost the fight against drug trafficking” in many suburbs, Emmanuel Macron admitted last year. Poverty, drug running and Islamic fundamentalism are rife in these areas, and many homegrown jihadists have come from such districts.

    Marseille’s notorious drug and violence-plagued 14th district saw six people shot dead in drug turf wars in the first five months of 2018. Last year the Interior Minister promised to dispatch an extra 60 officers to Marseille by 2019 to end the violence.

    The opposition Republicans said the measures would do little to end the violence. “Community policing against men armed with Kalashnikovs: the president’s response is totally out of touch,” spokeswoman Laurence Sailliet noted on Twitter.

    New measures against rising crime will be announced on Wednesday, November 6. According to Le Parisien, the introduction of economic quotas on immigration will be announced by an Interministerial Committee on Immigration.

    There will also be, as of 2020, “an annual debate in Parliament to define quotas by sector of activity,” the daily reported. The information was also confirmed on Tuesday morning by Muriel Pénicaud on BFMTV. According to the Minister of Labor, these professional immigration quotas will be set up “next summer”.

    The measure seems to be unpopular with Macronistas however. “Making immigration the priority of the school year is a political choice. Of course, we must not abandon the subject to others. But was there urgency?” a member LREM wanted to know. And added: “It’s a bet. But is it up to the president to make bets? Or are we waiting for him to preserve the cohesion of the country?”

    Consider donating to support our work

    Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    Europe

    Swiss government to militarize ‘pandemic management’

    BernThe militarization of the Corona crisis is advancing in Europe. On December 7, 2021, the Swiss Federal Council ordered the armed forces to become involved in distributing jabs.

    The fear mongering ‘science’ of modeling

    Dutch broadcaster, the NOS warned this summer of record temperatures that had again been measured in Siberia. There were also more severe forest fires than last year. According to the state broadcaster, this has been shown by research results from Copernicus, the EU's climate change service.

    Participating German doctors maim patients for money

    BerlinOutgoing German Health Minister Jens Spahn signed a regulation for a higher remuneration for the doctors injecting the Corona vaccines in mid-November. The regions are also rewarded.

    Covid test kits: 50 times the allowed amount of highly carcinogenic ethylene oxide

    BerlinIn a risk analysis of Covid-19 rapid tests and PCR tests, Prof. Dr. Werner Bergholz came to the conclusion that all of the antigen test kits he examined contain several hazardous substances. Therefore, the "implementation is inevitably associated with risks for the health of the users and for their surroundings and the environment."

    Former WHO employee Astrid Stuckelberger: ‘A pandemic of lies’

    Geneva"I am not an alarmist, I just want to explain with science, the lies, the corruption, the propaganda… And about the harm from the vaccines. Because I'm an expert in public health and science." Astrid Stuckelberger has 30 years of experience as a researcher. In the years 2009-13, she was affiliated with the WHO, with pandemics as her specialty. She has published 180 publications and 12 books. 

    Germany’s top jab salesman rejects x-raying migrant hands to ‘protect bodily integrity’

    BerlinIn 2018, the President of the World Medical Association, Frank Ulrich Montgomery, rejected hand x-rays to determine the age of migrants, because this "interfered with personal rights". But forcing your own population to take an experimental injection is no problem for Germany's top vaccine Fuehrer.

    Court denounces Corona pass in Wallonia as illegal

    NamurA court in Namur, an important commercial and industrial centre located in the Walloon industrial area in Belgium, has declared the use of the Corona passport in Wallonia illegal.

    Almost fully jabbed Portugal returns to state of calamity, reinforces Covid-19 measures

    LisbonSocialist Prime Minister Antonio Costa last week announced that Portugal would return to the "state of calamity" on December 1 with reinforced measures to curb Covid-19 infections.

    Are Swiss State Council for Health members vaccinated?

    BernThe Swiss State Council for Health persecutes opponents of Covid passports and vaccinations, but are the members themselves vaccinated?

    Swedish ombudsman inundated with complaints about compulsory health pass

    StockholmSweden's Ombudsman, (JO), is currently drowning in reports from upset Swedes regarding the intended vaccine passes announced by the government and the Public Health Agency. In an interview, JO's information manager, Anders Jansson, admitted that about 6 300 reports have been received so far. He said he has never seen anything like it in such a short time.

    Go to archive