While French justice has ordered the Ministry of the Interior and the prefecture to transmit the IGPN administrative investigation file on the circumstances surrounding the injury of Yellow Vest leader Jerome Rodrigues during a demonstration, the latter maintains that the decision has not been executed.
Rodrigues, one of the most mediatized figures of the Yellow Vests, was seriously wounded in the eye on January 26 during Act XI of the movement in Paris. He announced on his Twitter account on July 1 that he was going to start a hunger strike “in front” of the Ministry of the Interior from “Friday morning”, July 5.
“If I have to die, I will die,” said Rodrigues announcing his hunger strike against the Macron administration.
“A court decision has been issued, the French state is obliged to continue the administrative investigation. [I have] received nothing so far,” he said.
The Yellow Vest, from Tremblay-en-France, accused the Interior Ministry of not transmitting the file of administrative investigation led by the General Inspectorate of the National Police (IGPN) following his injury. He lost an eye and his injury was attributed to a flash ball launched by the police.
In June, the Paris Administrative Court had ordered the Minister of the Interior and the Prefect of Police to communicate “without delay” the state of “the administrative investigation and the investigation conducted by the General Inspectorate of the national police concerning the injuries he has suffered,” according to the transcript of the judgment reported by Paris daily le Parisien.
Since then, according to the Yellow Vest, nothing has happened. Jérôme Rodrigues and his lawyer Arié Alimi have also complained several times on social networks in recent days.
“They entered the illegal realm,” Jerome Rodrigues’ lawyer Arié Alimi told RT France. He said he has “never seen that” in his career. Place Beauvau has refused to hand over the file.
The lawyer is planning to approach the administrative court, which he can not do for at least three months, if he does not get the information he has claimed from the Ministry of the Interior.
This administrative procedure is distinct from the requests issued by the judiciary in the context of a judicial investigation opened on February 13 and conducted by two judges for “voluntary violence by person holding the public authority with a weapon” directed at Rodrigues.
Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.