A series of racist attacks in the city of Gorinchem (also known as Gorkum) in the Netherlands has been prominent in Dutch news media over the last few days.
This past week, the Netherlands watched in horror as a group of migrants in Gorinchem, chased a young white teenager and seriously assaulted him. Videos of the extremely violent scenes were circulating on social media and Twitter exploded with indignation. The term “Gorinchem” trended on Thursday as did “Moroccans”.
Videos of the attacks were spread on social media, showing migrant gang violence — often with six to twelve attackers pitted against helpless lone Dutch youngsters. But in the latest attack, the numbers were even more disturbing.
The videos highlighted something that has become obvious in the last few years: culture wars in Western Europe. In the age group 12 to 17, boys “with a migration background” are in the majority and there simply are not enough native Dutch youngsters to prevail in any street battles.
Even if young native Dutch boys were able to summon the courage necessary for a successful counterattack against their foreign attackers, they do not have the numbers. In this case there were 40 attackers against one boy who did not not know any of his assailants.
The mainstream Dutch media has been lying and obfuscating the facts.
Neither the police nor the media mentioned the ethnicity of the perpetrators. According to many twittering in the Netherlands, daily newspapers and news channels were guilty of self-censorship.
The reproach was that an attack on white adolescents was not designated as such, whereas the outrageously racist behavior against a dark-skinned Excelsior footballer had been widely reported.
“Ethnicity is relevant when discussing street terrorism, given recurring problems with young immigrants,” said Paul Jansen, chief editor of De Telegraaf. Yet the newspaper did not speak of a racist attack.
Interesting was the reaction of the mother of one of the white victims, who was obviously furious about the course of events. In an interview in De Telegraaf, she stated that the abuse would immediately have been considered racist if a largely white group of young people had attacked immigrant teenagers.
The news sites that reported about the shocking assaults now referred mainly to violence between “young people” and relatively little attention was paid to the racially charged events in Gorinchem in the Gijsbert van Andel park.
When a teenager at home in Urk was attacked by a group of young people in a fight over a girlfriend, Dutch public broadcaster the NOS, for example, reported at the time that the victim was a Moroccan Dutchman.
Columnist Elfie Tromp was then allowed to incite listeners on NPO Radio 1 against “white Urker teenagers” and characterized the mentality in the fishing village as “the logical consequence of twenty years of hate speech and polarization policy”. She also spoke of “dehumanizing the poor Moroccans” and the “bullying of foreigners”. According to her, all this was due to PVV leader Geert Wilders.
In the case of Gorinchem, the state broadcaster on Thursday strangely ignored all racial implications. possibly out of fear of stigmatization. Only once was PVV leader Geert Wilders quoted, who mentioned “ethnic minorities”.
But Elfie Tromp has been completely silent.
Thierry Baudet, the founder and leader of Forum for Democracy, a conservative political party, said these attacks were now so frequent in the Netherlands, that many are no longer reported. In Parliament, however, the VVD tried to stop a debate on the issue that Baudet had requested.
PVV leader Geert Wilders said the “multi-cultural” street gangs should be deported as soon as possible.
Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.