Skip to Content

Commemoration at Desider-Friedmann-Platz, centered with the wreaths of representatives of politics and religions on the evening of November 8, 2020. Wikipedia
Vienna

Vienna jihadist targeted youth group

According to the latest news from the investigation into the November 2 terrorist attack in Vienna, Kujtim Fejzulai, the ISIS jihadist who had carried out the attack, intended (but failed) to cause carnage during the prayer service of a youth group in a Catholic church.

Published: November 30, 2020, 6:08 am

    Read more

    Austrian daily Kronen Zeitung reported that the background of the attack targeting local churches is disconcerting: The ISIS-killer wanted to cause a bloodbath during an evening prayer of the Catholic Youth group in the Ruprecht Church in Vienna. The Islamist failed to enter through the closed door, however, due to a timer lock.

    Interior Minister Karl Nehammer (ÖVP) has strengthened security measures in local churches for Advent and the Christmas season. The reason for his concern — which has been met with silence from the prosecutor’s office — is shocking. According to Krone’s investigation, specifically 17 children of the Catholic Youth Group, had escaped a certain death at the hands of the jihadist.

    While the children were holding a non-public prayer hour in the Ruprecht Church in the heart of Vienna, the ISIS killer wanted to break in with an assault rifle and pistols. However, he failed to do so due to a time-locked mechanism at the entrance of the building. Seconds later, the attacker was “taken out” with one shot by WEGA agents in front of the oldest church in the city. The “Investigative Group 2 November” interviewed the shocked women and children.

    Meanwhile, it has been announced that the interim report of the Austrian Commission on possible negligence in the ranks of anti-terror forces will be made public before Christmas. Talks with representatives from several government departments have already been agreed upon for the coming week.

    The spokesman of the Vienna Archdiocese, Michael Prüller, on Friday afternoon described the dire situation on the evening of the terror attack. The 17 youths escaped the attacker by turning off the lights when the first shots were fired.

    “You reacted with presence of mind and hid,” Prüller said. The youths stayed hidden in the darkness until 2:30 am on Tuesday. Then the police gave the all-clear so that the 17 girls and boys could go home.

    The day after the attack, Nehammer pinpointed the failures of the judiciary, headed by Minister Alma Zadić (The Greens), because the attacker had been released prematurely from prison. He warned that communication between the judicial authorities and Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution and Combating Terrorism (BVT) and the State Office for the Protection of the Constitution and Combating Terrorism (LVT) should be improved. Despite her error, Justice Minister Alma Zadić defended the early release of the jihadist from prison.

    A spokeswoman for the Slovak police told the news channel TA3 that suspicious people, including the perpetrator, had tried to buy ammunition in Slovakia in the summer of 2020. This information was immediately passed on to the Austrian BVT, but they never acted on this information.

    During the week after the attack, media reports also revealed that in the months after the jihadist’s release from prison in December 2019, the perpetrator had contact with jihadists from Germany who were known to the police and who had stayed with him during a visit to Vienna. It is not known why he was not observed and why the Krems prison court, which could have revoked his conditional release, did nothing. A research network of Süddeutscher Zeitung, WDR, NDR and a Viennese weekly newspaper questioned the Interior Ministry on these explosive findings.

    The German extremism researcher Peter Neumann pointed out that three other jihadists who have just been released from prison have now become terrorists, along with Kujtim F. Hundreds of Islamists were still in prisons in France, Germany, Austria, and in other EU countries, but hardly any state has yet prepared for their early release.

    The terrorist attack in Vienna saw four people killed and 23 others injured, some seriously. Initially, the police had assumed that there were several perpetrators.

    Consider donating to support our work

    Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.

    Keep ​your language polite​. Readers from many different countries visit and contribute to Free West Media and we must therefore obey the rules in​,​ for example​, ​Germany. Illegal content will be deleted.

    If you have been approved to post comments without preview from FWM, you are responsible for violation​s​ of​ any​ law. This means that FWM may be forced to cooperate with authorities in a possible crime investigation.

    If your comments are subject to preview ​by FWM, please be patient. We continually review comments but depending on the time of day it can take up to several hours before your comment is reviewed.

    We reserve the right to del​ete​ comments that are offensive, contain slander or foul language, or are irrelevant to the discussion.

    • LuciusAnnaeusSeneca

      Kudos to Free West Media for a very informative and insightful report. There are tensions inside Kurz’ government between the Interior Ministry, headed by a hard-line member of Kurz’ OVP, Klaus Nehammer, and the Justice Ministry, headed by a rising star in the Austrian Green’s party, Alma Zadic. As many foretold when Kurz formed his second government in early January of this year, there would be inevitable tensions and a likely falling-out between the two over how to deal with security issues relating to mass migration. Austria’s security requirements cannot accommodate the Green’s handling of jihadist suspects, and must be reconciled. The growing disharmony that is shown by this article might presage a cabinet reshuffle. While Kurz remains a nationalist committed to the safety and security of the Austrian public, he might not want to cut ties with the Greens at this point.

    Europe

    Covid test kits: 50 times the allowed amount of highly carcinogenic ethylene oxide

    BerlinIn a risk analysis of Covid-19 rapid tests and PCR tests, Prof. Dr. Werner Bergholz came to the conclusion that all of the antigen test kits he examined contain several hazardous substances. Therefore, the "implementation is inevitably associated with risks for the health of the users and for their surroundings and the environment."

    Former WHO employee Astrid Stuckelberger: ‘A pandemic of lies’

    Geneva"I am not an alarmist, I just want to explain with science, the lies, the corruption, the propaganda… And about the harm from the vaccines. Because I'm an expert in public health and science." Astrid Stuckelberger has 30 years of experience as a researcher. In the years 2009-13, she was affiliated with the WHO, with pandemics as her specialty. She has published 180 publications and 12 books. 

    Germany’s top jab salesman rejects x-raying migrant hands to ‘protect bodily integrity’

    BerlinIn 2018, the President of the World Medical Association, Frank Ulrich Montgomery, rejected hand x-rays to determine the age of migrants, because this "interfered with personal rights". But forcing your own population to take an experimental injection is no problem for Germany's top vaccine Fuehrer.

    Court denounces Corona pass in Wallonia as illegal

    NamurA court in Namur, an important commercial and industrial centre located in the Walloon industrial area in Belgium, has declared the use of the Corona passport in Wallonia illegal.

    Almost fully jabbed Portugal returns to state of calamity, reinforces Covid-19 measures

    LisbonSocialist Prime Minister Antonio Costa last week announced that Portugal would return to the "state of calamity" on December 1 with reinforced measures to curb Covid-19 infections.

    Are Swiss State Council for Health members vaccinated?

    BernThe Swiss State Council for Health persecutes opponents of Covid passports and vaccinations, but are the members themselves vaccinated?

    Swedish ombudsman inundated with complaints about compulsory health pass

    StockholmSweden's Ombudsman, (JO), is currently drowning in reports from upset Swedes regarding the intended vaccine passes announced by the government and the Public Health Agency. In an interview, JO's information manager, Anders Jansson, admitted that about 6 300 reports have been received so far. He said he has never seen anything like it in such a short time.

    Vaccinated as the ‘biggest virus spreaders’ should be locked down

    BochumWhy should those vaccinated against Covid-19 be restricted in their movements and participation in society? Because vaccinated people are "the biggest virus spreaders", German doctor Kenan Katmer from Bochum explained.

    Basque Country court drops health pass requirement

    Vitoria-GasteizThe highest court in the Spanish state of the Basque Country has put an end to the introduction of the Corona pass. The local authorities want to introduce the pass for restaurants and cafes, among other things, but according to the court, the health pass is not necessary now that the Basque Country has a vaccination rate of about 90 percent.

    Dutch deaths more than 20 percent higher than previous year average

    The HagueLast week the number of deaths was more than 20 percent higher than usual for this time of year. The Dutch Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) reported 3 750 deaths, nearly 850 more than expected.

    Go to archive