In a knife attack in a park in Berlin-Mitte on Saturday night, a 13-year-old was killed and a 22-year-old was seriously injured. The ethnicity of the attacker was not initially revealed, but witnesses described him as being bald "with a full beard".
The attack occurred around 10:40 pm between James-Simon-Park and Monbijoupark, the police said on Sunday. The attacker was a Turk.
The two victims were part of a group of seven people that consisted of children and young people, except for the 22-year-old. The group got into an argument with a man “about 45 years old”. There was a scuffle in which the Turk pulled a knife and wounded the 13-year-old and the 22-year-old.
Despite attempts at resuscitation, the 13-year-old died on site. His 22-year-old companion was seriously injured and is currently being treated in hospital.
Unknown witnesses followed the suspect in the direction of the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station, and also took photos. A 41-year-old man of Turkish nationality was arrested by the murder squad. The suspect is currently being questioned by the police. So far there is no information on the cause of the dispute, and “no evidence of a possible racist motive” police said in their statement.
Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.