Dutch PVV leader Geert Wilders, has called on the UK to "come to their senses" and release Tommy Robinson before he is murdered in prison.
Together with Marie-Fleur Agema and Raymond de Roon, PVV Members of the House of Representatives, Wilders urgent submitted questions to the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs about the arrest of British activist and Islam critic Robinson:
1) Have you heard about the arrest of British activist and Islam critic Tommy Robinson for “breaching the peace,” while he was covering a trial of Islamic rapists, and that he was within a few hours convicted to 13 months imprisonment? What do you think of this madness?
2) Do you realize that, if the said Islam critic has to spend his jail sentence among Islamic criminals, this may cost him his life? What is your opinion of this?
3) Does, according to you, freedom of speech also apply to Islam critics in the EU and are you willing to immediately voice your dissatisfaction about this violation of freedom of speech by the United Kingdom to your British colleague and demand his attention for the personal safety of the person involved? If not, why not?
4) Do you and your colleagues in the EU realize that you cannot silence the dissatisfaction in society about Islamization by prosecuting or arresting Islam critics, and that a large segment of the population will at a certain time no longer accept this and turn against you and your colleagues?
5) Can you answer these questions before Tuesday, May 29, 11 am?
The leader of the largest opposition party in the Parliament of The Netherlands urged the British Prime Minister “to honour the value of free speech and release Tommy Robinson from prison”.
Wilders added: “The UK should not have political prisoners”. On Monday he made a video statement in front of the British embassy in The Hague, to protest the imprisonment of Robinson.
Robinson was arrested on Friday “on suspicion of breaching the peace” while quietly talking on his smartphone, livestreaming a report on the trial of a Muslim child grooming gang. The UK activist was sentenced to serve 13 months in prison within six hours of his arrest.
The Dutch politician described the arrest of Robinson on Twitter as “scandalous” and a form of “totalitarianism”, likening it to Saudi Arabia. Wilders himself has been threatened by violent Islamists repeatedly and relies on a heavy security detail.
“Arrested for ‘breaching the peace’ while reporting on a Islamic grooming gang trial? Is this Saudi-Arabia? Has the United Kingdom become a police state? Jail = a death sentence for Tommy Robinson. Come to your senses United Kingdom!” Wilders tweeted.
Thousands of Robinson’s supporters gathered in front of Theresa May’s office in Downing Street on Saturday in London to demand the release of the activist in a furious and instant backlash against his arrest. They also stormed Whitehall on Saturday to stage a protest.
Traffic was disrupted as police struggled to keep the crowd from entering Whitehall on Saturday afternoon while Robinson’s supporters chanted for his release. After supporters spoke through megaphones outside the No 10 gates, they marched on to Parliament Square.
More than 300 000 people have already signed the petition for Robinson’s release.
Demonstrations in support of Robinson have now spread to Australia, with protests hitting the streets of Sydney and Melbourne.
Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Lennon, is being held in Hull Prison, according to sources. The prison declined to comment when FreeWestMedia contacted the prison authorities.
Fox News cited sources close to Robinson’s lawyer who said that Muslim gang members in prison will most certainly murder the activist, and warned that the 13-month sentence was tantamount to a death sentence.
“Tommy’s lawyer said he will likely die in jail given his profile and previous credible threats, and the judge basically said he doesn’t care,” one source said. “He sentenced him to 13 months in prison.”
Help us to produce more articles like this. FreeWestMedia is depending on donations from our readers to keep going. With your help, we expose the mainstream fake news agenda.